A mindful way to view self-love and how to bring the actions into your daily life with simple steps to help you cultivate a greater sense of self-love.
In today’s world and with the work I teach clients, self-love is taking center stage now. We are beginning to realize that loving ourselves is going to help us be more loving to others. That in truth how can you love someone else if you haven’t cultivated and developed some form of self-love?
When we begin to see ourselves as another would, or love ourselves as we love our friends, this opens up a capacity to grow our experience of self-love.
To take the journey of self-discovery is to open up to loving ourselves.
1. Set boundaries- When we care enough about our own well being we are able to say no to people and situations that aren’t healthy for us, that drain or deplete us rather than lift us up. Setting boundaries is a form of being empowered in your sense of self and thus you will love yourself more when you set limits and this fuels and grows that self-love. It can be challenging and often feels uncomfortable for people pleasers. We need to understand short-term gains don’t grow lasting results without some form of healthy boundaries in place.
2. Practice Good Self-Care- This looks like solid and balanced nutrition, eating whole healthy foods that nourish you. Some form of movement, learning to move your body in different ways teaches you to move your energy. Quality Sleep, Intimacy, human connections, and healthy relationships. Removing toxic people from your life.
3. Self-Acceptance- choosing to free ourselves from the burdens of the past. Regret and mistakes are teaching tools to help us grow if we can shift our perspective and allow acceptance to arise. We will be able to forgive ourselves and this is love.
4. Self-Forgiveness- We can begin to forgive ourselves only when we accept who and what we are now. All of our faults, missteps and should of would of could of. We are exactly where we are being exactly who we are meant to be in each and every moment. Let go of the self-hatred and self-criticizing. This is when we begin free ourselves and begin to forgive. Self-love in action.
5. Live Authentically and Intentionally- When we begin to live with purpose and
When my decisions started to grow greater Joy in my life I could see and feel that which was not in alignment with my heart come up to be healed and cleared in me. I continue to come back to each of these steps as a deeper understanding of myself grows over time. As I hold space for clients to move through these steps I am reminded how far I’ve come on my journey to growing self-love actualized in my life. That
This is my wish for you to see yourself and grow that love and appreciation and this will grow a greater Joy for you and you will be able to be that in the world.